Friday, February 10, 2012

Picasa! Picasa! Oh My Gosha!

I honestly did not realize how behind the technology times I am until I started blogging and reading others' blogs. I thought that you had to purchase very expensive photo editing software to touch up your picture a tad or write words on your picture. I thought that those people with cool backgrounds and super cool fonts on there blog had super duper high-tech graphic designing software. Boy, am I WRONG!!!

My first little jewel of a discovery is "Picasa". Picasa is powered by Google and are you ready for the best part???? I'm so excited about this part! ............IT.......IS.......FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I love that it is free because:

1. I will admit that I am cheap.

2. How do I know what kind of features I want in a photo editing software if I don't test the waters a bit?

3. I like making lists. That has nothing to do with this post, but I thought I would share.

Picasa is so super easy a cave man can do it. (I just had the vision of the Geico cave man in a casual suit getting mad at me for saying that. Marketing. It's powerful.) You can enhance, crop, put text on your pictures with just a few clicks. You can find Picasa here. Download it to your computer and start playing until your little heart can't take it anymore!

For example, here is what a few clicks did for one of my favorite pictures. I like this picture because:

1.It has my dear Zipper in the background. I love you Zipper!! I'm still looking for you, buddy!

2. I didn't do this on purpose but I'm glad it happened, the focus is on the reeds of grass and Zipper is blurry in the background. I'm an amateur, I know, but it turned out to be a pretty cool picture I think.

3. I like making lists. Oh yeah, we have established that.


This is the before...

I like the overall composition of this picture but it is a little dull.


Here is the after...


Now, that's better! The colors are sharper, the shadows on the reeds of grass are more contrast. I like it, I love it, I want some mo' of it!

This photo is another one that's in my fave 5. It's got my 2 favorite men in it. This was taken when Blaze was a week old and we visited Daddy for Blaze's first horseback ride.

Before...
Again, I love everything about this photo but the colors just aren't doing it justice.

 And then BAM! Love the crispiness of the colors. I love the beautiful blue sky. I love Clint's blue shirt and his blue eyes. Blue is my favorite color and he's one of the reasons why. I love that Blaze looks so small in his Daddy's arms. I added a little text to demonstrate your possibilties.


I have dug up several more easy peasy technology tips like these and I will be sharing them with you all soon as well. Get excited people!!

"... But I still love technology, but not as much as you, you see." Thanks to me and Kip from Napolean Dynamite, you're going to be singing that song all day long now! Hehe!

Love,
Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment