Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beach Body Challenge

Since I have been writing this blog you have often heard me whine about my weight. I have had countless "plans" to lose it because my baby is 15 months old now and I have failed miserably at getting back in shape like I told everyone I would.

I've talked to several people about my weight and they tell me what I need to hear to get motivated but in my mind I have not motivated myself... until now. Everything in life is that way. You can wish and want but until you absolutely set your mind to it and go for your goals, you will stay stagnate.

Why now? Now because I am tired, mentally and physically exhausted by everyday life. I come home, sit in my chair, have dinner, give Blaze his bath and then we all go to bed. I want to enjoy life with my family, not just endure it. I want to take Blaze to the zoo and not need a nap afterwards.

Now because I am embarassed that my once athletic and toned physique is now soft and uninspirable. 5 minutes of shooting hoops leaves me red-faced and gasping for air. Gross!

Now because my pathetic attempt at the Turkey Trot this year was deplorable! And because my cousin Carla thought it would be so funny to run ahead of me and act like we were running the 8 mile race as I screamed and flailed my arms to make sure they knew that we were running the 5k.

Now because I want my clothes to fit and actually look cute on me again.

Now because the thought of this upcoming summer makes me want to start shopping for ponchos.

Now because I have ADD and I need my body to keep up with my mind.

I took the Beach Body Challenge and I got my first shipment of Turbo Fire and Shakeology. I chose this system because I have done my research and I need the nutritional support along with a fitness program for me to get my best results. The great thing about Beach Body is that they have a full encompassing support system to help you succeed. This is not a fad diet, it's a lifestyle change.

I can go to the gym, I can go to exercise classes but I don't trust myself right now. I need something to kick me in high gear and make me follow through. After being in athletics my whole life, after high scool and college work outs, I didn't know where to go from there. I didn't know how to work out on my own to keep me in shape. I think I found it in Turbo Fire.

Shakeology is a top of the line meal replacement shake developed and created by Beachbody. The Shake is made up of over 70 high quality, all natural ingredients, and unlike most meal replacement shakes, its high in protein. I had my first shake this morning and it was great! I added ice, a cup of almond milk, a banana and a tablespoon of almond butter. Two of those things I have never had in my life. It was very filling. It took me about a good hour to sip on the whole thing so I didn't have morning cravings for a sausage biscuit.

For my fitness program, I chose "Turbo Fire". Beach Body has several different programs to choose from. I have done "P90X" before and personally it just wasn't for me. All the push ups, pull ups and holding your own body weight up was hard on my back. I thought it was more for guys but I know some freaks of nature (ahem, like my sister-in-law, Bobbie) that did it and passed it with flying colors and looked awesome afterwards. Color me green.

I also did a couple of workouts of "Insanity". I really liked this program but my ADD got the best of me and I got bored with the repeating exercises. For those of you that are normal, this might be the workout for you because Shaun T. (the head honcho for "Insanity") is a great motivator and makes you want to finish and get better. It doesn't hurt that he is usually shirtless during the workouts and you can see his rippling muscles.... if you're into that sort of thing.

The reasons I chose "Turbo Fire" are:

1. The instructor, Chalene Johnson is a female and what other female doesn't want to be inspired by another female that has a solid body?

2. I previewed the workouts and you stayed involved the whole time because you aren't repeating exercises for long periods of time. The Fire 30 class I did this morning was great. I did get lost in the choreography just a little but that will get better with time. There is a feature on the DVD that goes through all the steps to have you better prepared but I skipped that part.

3. The music on the workouts are great. Chalene Johnson mixes the music herself and choreographs your workout to the beat. She puts her heart and soul in to this program.

So, here I am, day 1 of a lifestyle change to get my life and my body back! I feel great this morning and I'm actually looking forward to another work out... weird.

I will do weekly updates on my progress!

Love ya!
Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment