Monday, December 19, 2011

'Tis The Season

Having a small child sparks all kinds of fun for the Christmas holidays. Have I mentioned before how much I love being able to relive my childhood over again through Blaze? Well, I love being able to relive my childhood over again through Blaze. I just can't get over the fun things to do with my little guy.

We have recently adopted our "Elf on the Shelf".

I didn't know what in the world this was until I saw several of my friends posting on their Facebook what their elves have been up to. There are some pretty mischievous elves out there! For those of you that don't know, Santa sends you an elf in which you are in charge of naming him. He sets up shop at your house right after the Thanksgiving holiday and makes sure that your children are being nice. Each night, the little booger flies back to the North Pole and reports to Santa the day's events. Santa then makes his determination on which list to put your chitlin' on: naughty or nice. When he flies back each morning before the children wake up, he is in a different spot doing all kinds of crazy things.

Here's our elf, Blaze named him Jake. You can find all cool kinds of info at Elf on the Shelf.


At our house, Blaze is in the "let me see how many buttons I can push before I get in trouble" stage, so this is perfect.

Here is an example of what stage we are in...



Is it absolutely necessary to get on TOP of the play table to particpate???

Oh but that's not all, we gotta take it one step farther....

I'm in utter awe at the balance of my child because he sure didn't get it from me! He stood there for a good 2 minutes and only got down to move on to the next toy.... maybe he gets his attention span from me.

Once I learn how to post a video on here, I will post the video of my dare devil son and a rocking chair. The kid knows no fear. Boy... we are in for quite the ride.

Another glorious thing about these holiday festivities is that I'm actually contributing to our Christmas Day meal! Boom!!!! I've been married for 3 years and for 3 years I have set back and let everyone else do the cooking because I couldn't survive around the kitchen if my life depended on it, but now I think I can contribute some. Thank you Pioneer Woman!

Speaking of, The Pioneer Woman is coming out with a new cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier and I'm excited.

I swear I'm not obsessed with her.

Anyways, on my agenda to contribute:
-corn casserole
-creamy mashed potatoes
-sausage balls
-cheese ball
- cake balls.... I swear I'm not obsessed with making things into the shape of a ball. either
-chocolate covered mint Oreos
-chocolate covered pretzels
-mint chocolate pecan cookies

Whew! I'm just tired from typing all of those things.

I can't wait for all the fun festivities with the family. I also can't wait to take pictures and blog about everybody! So if you are reading this and you will be around me this Christmas..... I'm watching you. I'm taking notes and I will write about you to cyber space. I'm just joking... a little. I really am going to introduce the blogger community to the fam. All of them are wonderful, I promise.

On that note, I will leave you all (I didn't say y'all. I'm trying to work on my writing skills.) with this picture to boost your holiday happiness into overdrive!


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Love each and every one of you!
Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment