Thursday, May 31, 2012

Scarborough Fair

On Memorial Day Monday, my dear friend Kym and I took Blaze to Scarborough Fair.

We had never been before so we had no expectations. When we got there, we were blown away by the dedication, effort and time put in to making this festival happen.

You really felt like you were stepping back into the Renaissance with all of the exquisite buildings, craftsmen, vendors and people everywhere dressed in period correct costumes.

Blaze had so much fun with all the activities and all the people dressed up. There was a dad playing sword fight with his two young boys and B was totally intrigued. He wiggled out of my arms so he could walk over and take a closer look. He cocked his head and you could just see the gears turning in his head, "What in the world are they doing?" is probably going through his little noodle.

We had such a good time and I can't wait until next year.

This guy had an old printing press. How cool!

The blacksmith. He made such beautiful things.

Blaze and Kym watching an act.

The architecture was intriguing.


3 piece band in a pub.

I think this was a mythical monster. Pretty detailed.


I will never ever ever get tired of taking pictures of this face.

This guy TOTALLY looked like he was 200
and a wizard!

I was amazed at the craftsmanship of these walking sticks.
They make me want to have a reason to need a walking
stick.... almost.

This castle was an attraction to demonstrate
the brutality of the times. I didn't go in.

By Hammer, Hand and the Grace of God.
Love it! This was an outside wedding garden.
Do you think I can talk Clint into renewing
our vows here??? Yeah I didn't think so either.

Chris the Elephant. I will always be fascinated with elephants.


Chris doing her tricks for the crowd.

Camel

Blaze and Me rode the elephant. It was a wonderful experience.

Me and Blaze. Check out the new teeth! Thanks Dr. Britton!

A good ol' wrestlin' match. Look at the expressions
 of the onlookers.

This is what I aspire to be... a Boss Wench! lol!

The detail in the signs blew me away.

How cool is this? I just took a picture of it
because I thought it was cool! That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment