Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Baby Isn't A Baby Anymore...

My baby... I mean my almost 2 year old, Blaze is growing into an adult right before my eyes.

Where did my baby that fed every 2 hours, could cook up the most horrendous diapers, and that would snuggle up to me while sleeping and never wiggle go?

My baby... I mean, Blaze now won't touch any food that resembles the texture of baby food, is trying his hardest to convince me he can drink from a glass, talking up a storm, has had 4 haircuts and is developing his sweet but sometimes touchy personality.

For me, since I have gotten into photography, I am so sad to say that I have neglected snapping pictures of my own child. I am missing out on so many wonderful opportunities... if he stays still long enough for me to take a picture that is.

This Sunday when Clint came home from a horseshow in Tulsa, he decided that it was time for Blaze's summer haircut. You know, so the dudes can be low maintenance and cooler while they work during the hot summer.

Clint has given Blaze all of his haircuts and I do not dare take him to a barber. Clint thinks that it's a Daddy's job to fix his boy's do.

With every swipe of the clippers, I realized more and more that I don't have a baby anymore... I now have a boy. A crazy, dare-devil, accident prone, dirt lovin' little boy.

Here are a few pictures that I snapped. Don't you just want to eat him up???

Blaze showing off his new do.
Please ignore the scrape on his head...
and his bare feet...
and the ketchup on his face...
and the fact that he doesn't have a shirt on.

He's trying to tell me to hop in the passenger
seat. He doesn't realize "hop" is not in my
 vocabulary anymore.

Blaze loves riding horses. This is his attempt
 of saying "cheese". It sounds just like "shoes". I just love
Clint's expression. If that's not love and adoration, I don't
know what is.

This is our life in a nutshell. Dirt. Boots. Jeans.
Horses. Dogs. Baseball caps. Snacks.

This is my little "Sarge" overseeing
the dirty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment