Friday, April 27, 2012

5 Things Friday

I have skipped a few Fridays but I'm back at it now!!

Here are my 5 things for the week:

1. Tomorrow, I will be going on the 2nd Annual Granbury Wine Walk with a few of my friends. Lately I have grown to accept wine as a good friend. It's like liquid Prozac, I swear.

When I come home from a stressul day, I pour me a glass of wine and it seems to melt away my stress. I just relax with my husband and child on the front porch and enjoy life. Thank you, wine. How awesome of you to do that for me.

Other than wine is awesome, I don't know much about wine. I know there are different grapes that are fermented to make the different wines, and that certain foods go with certain wines, and certain wines are fermented with things like wood, chocolate and whatnot. But that's about it. I know that it goes way more in depth that my simple mind.

I'm taking this lovely opportunity in my hometown to learn more about wine and maybe find a wine I like other than the Franzia (yes, in the box) Chillable Red.... I know, I'm a cheapo.

I will post later about this cool little venue.

2. I went and seen "Chimpanzee" in the theatres last Sunday. All I can say is "WOW!"

The cinematography was amazing and breathtaking.

The movie took you into the rain forest and you witnessed first hand the lives of a tribe? group? pride? what's the right word? of Chimpanzees that were being threatened by a rival pack for their territory and you watched as they struggle to keep their land.

It was very interesting to see the heirarchy of the group and how they conducted their lives.

It is insane to me how when you looked into their faces and you couldn't help but think of how human-like they are. No I'm not going all Darwinism on you... just a fact.

"Oscar" is the young chimp that loses his mother and is forced to find another chimp to take her place to teach him how to survive.

The chimp that takes on the job is one you would never suspect....

It is definitely a must see plus a portion of the proceeds of ticket sales of the first 2 weeks of the movie will be donated to the the Jane Goodall Institute. You already know I'm a sucker for fundraisers and animals.

3. I am IN LOVE with Epiphanie camera bags!!!!

I will be saving my money and buying one of these. Check out the goodness!!

4. Hallelujah for haircuts!!!

I always wait until the last minute to call my hair girl and schedule an appointment. You know, to the point where you want to go all Britney Spears on yourself and take the clippers to your scalp.

I'm there but my husband hid the clippers. So I guess I will have to wait until later today for my haircut.

5. Besides the Wine Walk this weekend, I will take full advantage of my calendar not having any "to do"s on it and I will veg to the best of my ability.

From now until I don't even know when, we will be blowin' and a goin' every weekend. I better go stock up on "No Doze". I'm kidding, I'm kidding.... maybe. We will see.

Happy Friday!

Peace and Blessings!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment