Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's The Simple Things

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a crawfish boil at a friend's cutting horse ranch.

When you have an 18 month old, there is no such thing as going to a get-together and being carefree and having a good time and catching up with your friends.

You are constantly chasing and worrying about what they are going to get in to because they are at the age of curiosity but not old enough to know better.

I love friendly get-togethers but it really makes it hard on this mama at his age.

While everyone is laughing, having cocktails, listening to music and having a good time, I'm chasing around Blaze making sure he doesn't mistake horse poop for a snack.

All the kids that are older than Blaze were playing in the sand pit, which I worry that he will get hurt, so I'm watching all of them like the guard at Buckingham Palace to make sure Blaze doesn't come to me crying with a bloody lip or any broken body parts.

As I'm watching them like a hawk, I look up to see the most beautiful sky that looks like it was just swept with a painter's brush with water colors. In that moment, I realize that I'm being a little ridiculous and I need to ease up on my boy, let him enjoy himself and also let myself enjoy myself.

I did. We all had a wonderful time. We didn't have any bloody lips.... or broken body parts...

Blaze did however come to me running with his pants in his hands. They weighed about 15 pounds because they were packed with sand. Oh well. That's a little boy for ya!

(Insert inspirational music here.)

Try and remember not to take life so serious that you don't enjoy yourself and others. We just have this one life to live. Live it to the fullest. Love so hard you can't love anymore.

I will step off my soap box for now and leave you with this beautiful picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment