Friday, April 6, 2012

Crawfish Season!!

About a month, I put eating crawfish on my to-do list. Since then I have eaten crawfish 6 times.

We have been to 2 crawfish boils, went to Groggy Dawg to eat them twice and then to Lone Star Oyster Bar twice too!

Oh! Oh! Oh! I ate oysters for the first time!! Clint ordered a dozen of them as an appetizer when we went to Lone Star Oyster Bar, and being the wife that doesn't want my husband to feel like he's eating alone, I asked if I could try one.

It was like the moment you see in a movie where someone says something and everyone turns and looks at them, the music comes to a screeching halt, and crickets chirp.... "What?" I asked.

Clint said, "Nothing, you go right ahead and try one."

I put my slimy oyster on my cracker, doped it up (I remember my Granny using that term when I was growing up. When you "dope" something up as in your food, you are doctoring it up. For example, when you fix up your baked potato with butter, sour cream, chives, and A-1..... oh am I the only one that puts A-1 on my potato?... oh... you are "doping" up your tater.) with horse radish and gulped that puppy down.

Clint stares at me as it slithers down my throat as if a bomb was going to go off.

A bomb did not go off, he was just waiting for me to squeal  at the oysters texture. I liked it. I liked it alot! Where have oysters been my whole life?? Not in my belly where they need to be!

Note to self: eat more oysters, they are delish!

Anyways, back to the reason for this post.... I always do that...get off track I mean...

It is crawfish season!!! I love them! And probably what I love most about crawfish season is the crawfish boil get togethers we have! Seth, our horse shoer is a fellow Cajun and he brought back about a million pounds of crawfish from his trip down to visit his family this past weekend.

Here are some pictures from Monday's good ol' crawfish boil!

Blaze yelling at the horses in the pasture.

Thats Trevor on the left, Noel in the middle and Sandy on the right.
Trevor and Noel help Clay and Clint train horses so they were ready
for a sit down.

Lorinda, new puppy, and Colleen. I really wanted to keep the new
puppy. We gave her to Seth, our horse shoer.

Yum! Fresh craw daddies!

More go in the boiler!

Isn't she precious?? This is Chica that Clint rescued
and we rehomed.

Blaze was serious about that cookie!

Ron and Clint

Uh oh! Kym sippin' on the moonshine! Trevor, you're not old enough, buddy!

Clay thinking about it.

Trevor, Clay, Clint, Jerry, Tanner and Greg.
What a lovely bunch of coconuts!

Minus the cookie all over my boy's face, I think he could be
a Baby Gap model!

No comments:

Post a Comment