Monday, November 14, 2011

DIY Gifts: Brown Sugar Scrub

I love a good exfoliating scrub. Did you know wrinkles are caused by layers and layers and layer and layers of skin just piled on your skin? And did you know that a good way to combat wrinkles to exfoliate regularly and moisturize? You didn't? Well now you do.

I have always worried about getting wrinkles. I'm not obsessed over it but I do believe that you are never too young to do a little damage control.

A couple things I love about this scrub:

1. It sloughs off the dead skin that the ever so changing Texas weather wrecks havoc on

2. It's moisturizing

3. This is wonderful to shave with (Your legs will be baby butt smooth)

4. You can make this with household ingredients

5. It doesn't cost a fortune to make

If you haven't noticed yet, I like making lists...

So here we go! Like I said before, my camera decided to freak out during these pictures so I will have to reshoot and update with pictures but I wanted to get these DIY gifts on here so y'all can work on them.

Brown Sugar Scrub

You will need:
-1 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
-3/4 cup of light olive oil or almond oil
-1 tablespoon of honey
-5-10 drops of your favorite essential oils (there we go again with those essential oils again. I love 'em. Of course these are optional. I chose eucalyptus.)
-Jar with an air tight lid. I got one at Wal Mart in the food canister isle. I am in the process of ordering cute jars from a company and I will let you know how that works out.

Step 1:
Mix your olive oil or almond oil with your tablespoon of honey and your essential oils.

Step2:
Steadily mix in your brown sugar for a good consistency

Step 3:
Spoon in your mixture in your lovely jar.

Step 4:
Create a cute label or hand write a label. Make sure to include cautions that the scrub can make shower surfaces slippery.

Enjoy!
-Kaci

Oh if you haven't noticed, all of the regularly scheduled posts (i.e. Tip Tuesday, Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner Wednesday and Blog Share Sunday) will be put on hold until I get these DIY Gifts out there in cyber space.

Enjoy!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment