Friday, November 25, 2011

Resolutions Schmesolutions

Well people, it's that time of year again. We are peeking around the corner on a new year. As a new year approaches us, we often feel a sense of cleansing, a fresh start if you will. That's where those pesky New Year's Resolutions rear their ugly head to laugh in our faces with all the things we want desperately to accomplish but we find that life gets in the way and we wake up to the next new year with none of our resolutions crossed off and accomplished. 

Raise your hand if your New Year's Resolutions start out like this...

1. Lose 1,000 pounds
2. Exercise 7 days a week
3. Eat 500 calories a day
4. Don't cuss

All of those things last about half a day for me so I've decided to do something different this year. Instead of resolutions, I'm going to make a "27 Things List". I think 27 is a good number. It's enough to where I have to work hard to accomplish my things but not too much where I feel overwhelmed and give up on it... and because I will turn 27 in the year 2012. Here we go with my action list.

Kaci's 27 Things List

1. Buy myself a nice camera.

2. Save $200 for no good reason.

3. Take Blaze to the zoo at least 12 times. (We bought a Fort Worth Zoo Membership and it needs to be used.)

4. Take a vacation to a place I've never been before.

5. Make a dessert from scratch.

6. Complete a 5k. When I say complete, I mean run the entire inch of the way.

7. Take Blaze to a play.

8. Take a trip to San Antonio to see my roommate from college, Shawna. I miss her like crazy.

9. Read 5 books.

10. Create a birthday list and send every one of my peeps a birthday card.

11. Make 2 projects with my sewing machine.

12. Buy a bike and work my way up to ride it 5 miles.

13. Buy myself a cute shirt that I like and don't not get it because I'm cheap.

14. Take a painting class.

15. Take a cooking class.

16. Buy myself a pair of shoes that are not tennis shoes or cowboy boots and wear them often.

17. Go to the State Fair.

18. Host a party.

19. Make 2 projects from the 76,943 pins I have on Pinterest.

20. Make 10 dinners that I have never made before.

21. Volunteer at a charity.

22. Learn how to shoot a bow.

23. Go to a gun range.

24. Go to a concert. (I used to go to so many. I miss them.)

25. Get 200 Facebook followers on my blog's Facebook page. Also have enough followers that someone wants to host a giveaway on my blog.

26. Learn how to make all of my household cleaning items from scratch.

27. Make all homemade gifts for Christmas 2012.

There it is people. My 27 Things list. I figure I will add another item every year for my age. Wow. It just hit me how close to the big 3-0 I am. Maybe I should add, buy anti-wrinkle cream to my list, but then that would make my list 28 things and I'm not ready to go there yet.

Are you going to make a things list? Tell me about it.

Love ya!
Kaci

p.s. Everytime a new year rolls around I can't help but sing "It's The End of The World As We Know It" by REM. Haha! That's comforting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment