Thursday, November 17, 2011

DIY Gifts: Citrus Salt Body Scrub

Here I go with the scrubs. Not the kind of scrub that's "hanging out of the passenger side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me". Love you TLC. No no no. Not that kind of scrub. We are talking about good, lovely, body lovin, exfoliating scrub. This one is made from salt. I also love this scrub very much for its exfoliating factors. I like the citrus smell.


You Will Need:

1 cup of sea salt
3/4 cup of almond oil or light olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
5-10 drops of essential oils (I might need to be examined for my love of essential oils. I'm using these bad boys in everything. I chose lemongrass for this one and its lovely)
Jar that is air tight- you will want a 10 ounce jar for this recipe.

Step 1:
In a medium bowl mix your oil, lemon zest, orange zest and essential oils together.

Step 2:
Slowly add your salt. It will be a different consistency that the sugar scrub. You will have to mix well before every use on the salt scrub.

Step 3:
Spoon in a cute jar. Remember to put on your label or tag that is might cause the shower surface to get slippery and to stir well before each use.

There you go ladies. If you are wondering why I am doing all of these bath products right at first and the reason is because they are a great alternative to spending a lot of money on the same thing and I personally LOVE all these products, plus you can customize your scent with your essential oils.

Enjoy! Don't forget to share your stories of what you made with me!

Love you!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment