Friday, June 29, 2012

Advice From A Tree

Just right under the surface of myself lies a tree-huggin', free lovin', Earth savin' hippy that just begs to show it's flower-adorned head every once in a while.

Clint used to think I was crazy but I see little instances where I have rubbed off on my rugged cowboy husband. When we go grocery shopping, he pays more attention to ingredients (good boy), he buys organic and he even buys Earth friendly products! I'm so proud!

I saw this on one of my fellow hippy friend's, Katie, Facebook page. I hope she doesn't mind me calling her my fellow hippy friend. Do you mind me calling you my fellow hippy friend, Katie? She is my hippy friend because she is a yoga instructor, a gardener, and a naturalist. She emailed me today saying that she is thinking about starting a blog of her own about yoga life and I cannot WAIT to see what she comes up with. Katie has been an awesome friend to me. She has been my counselor at times, my shoulder to cry on on more than a few occasions, and she's also been my partner in crime. I love her.

She shared this photo from Homesteading / Survivalism and I felt the need to share with you all. You should also check out Homesteading / Survivalism's website and Facebook page. It has tons of good information and tips.

Speaking of, I will be working on doing a little canning of my own this weekend. Stay tuned for what is most likely to be a comedic post about my first canning experience.

Back to the photo. I am sharing it because it is a good reminder that we all could take some tips from nature. It is, afterall, what was intended.


1 comment:

  1. INFRINGEMENT TAKE DOWN NOTICE: We are so happy to see how our work is inspiring people at this site and so appreciative that they are being so well received. We all can appreciate the natural flow of inspiration, as well as the human need to protect the integrity of our creations. This is the Spirit with which I created the Advice from a Tree poem. So, onto the human, legal, business side of our creative gifts we share...The Advice from a Tree material posted is an infringement of our registered copyrights. What you have posted is signed by a unauthorized party which mistakenly communicates a different author than Ilan Shamir and creates confusion in the marketplace. We need you to take immediate action in clearly communicating rightful ownership so that this unauthorized version does not continue to spread around the internet. Go to www.yourtruenature.com/infringement for specific action required. We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

    Ilan Shamir

    ReplyDelete