Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rodeo Broncs

At the Ranch Rodeo in between the slack and the performance each day, the rough stock contractor let the broncs out in the arena to exercise.

On the first day, when I saw the herd coming down the alley and spilling out in to the arena I immediately found my camera, ran down to the arena and found me a corner behind a set of panels to where I could sit down on the ground and get a good view point to snap a few pictures.

I love broncs. They aren't like our tame, trained, and gentle horses that Clay and Clint train at the ranch. They are free spirited, more cautious of their surroundings and they act on instinct, not with cognitive thinking.

I love how they have that look about them that just says , "I'm wild".

When horses are in herds like this, they form a heirarchy within the group and the pecking order is very distinct if you just watch and pay attention to their behaviors.

My index finger had a mind of it's own as it wouldn't stop making the shutter on my Canon close. I couldn't get enough of these beautiful creatures. They took my breath away.

Eventhough I thought I was hidden, the black stud on the right
seemed to always have his eye on me.


Out of the many, the bay with a star on his head stands out.
Bay horses are my favorite. Probably because my Dad's rodeo
horse, Billy Idol, was a bay and my first horse love.


There is not many things more beautiful
 than horses running.

Can you tell who's in charge?

This is another one of my favorite horses.
He definitely has the wild look to him.

Getting a good belly rub.

I think this is the definition of, "shake it like a polaroid picture."
Corny, I know. Now you can't get that song out of your head.
You're welcome.

"Oh this feels so gooooooood!"

Everybody was standing at attention.

How cool is this horse? Look at his cool dark eyes and crazy hair.
I would love for my hair to look that cool on its own. It takes alot
of hairspray to get mine to look that cool.

Look at the horse with the blaze face in the middle.

Steeds.

See what I mean about pecking order?
I hope you enjoy my pictures. Capturing life as I know it on camera has developed itself into a deep love affair. It feeds my soul and gives me another purpose in life.

Love, Kaci

3 comments:

  1. While growing up showing cattle and horses, I was in awe of these amazing animals. If I had a bad day I could always go out to the barn and my mare had the love of a million people. Imperica was her name she came off Lousiana Downs track, high spirited but the best listener! She was my best friend and I can still smell her mane after a nice long ride around the farm!
    Thank you for sharing you new talent and love of these amazing animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, Kaci! I could look at them all day! I don't always comment but I do read your blogs. You're a hoot! A unique individual indeed! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete