Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wine Walk 2012

When you grow up in a small town, all you think about it getting out.

For me, I didn't loath my hometown of Granbury, Texas as much as my other friends and classmates but I didn't appreciate it either.

I never cared about the history, or the architecture, or even the culture.

Since we were on the road my whole life whether it be for sports or rodeos, my hometown was just a place in the background of my life.

Now that I'm grown and have a family of my own, it has come apparent to me that I know nothing about the place I've lived in for over 20 years.

A couple of weekends ago, Granbury hosted its annual Wine Walk that showcased dozens of Texas wineries, several home made cheese vendors and several handmade crafters.

As I was walking around the square of our hometown, I didn't realize how beautiful the architecture and the history that lies in between the layers of Granbury, Texas.

Here are a few pictures from the 2012 Wine Walk. 
We got these wine glasses to sample wine = I was drunk
by the time I sampled 15 different wines.

Awesome furniture made from wine barrels. I didn't get their card
and I'm mad at myself for not. Anyone know anybody that
makes wine barrel furniture?

This homemade cheese was delish!

This guy from Marrs Art Glass Company was making
hand blown glass and it was so cool!

We lunched at Christina's on the Granbury square. It is a new bistro
and it is a must if you ever visit my little town.

There is the Granbury Courthouse.
Ain't she a beaut?

No comments:

Post a Comment