Friday, October 7, 2011

And Now Introducing... Characters of the Johnson Family

I do realize I'm going at this blog a little bass ackwards. I will remind you that I'm learning as I go on this thing. From the first post, you know a little about me, but I think it's important to know more about the members of the Johnson Family. I'm going to scrape the surface of the 2 two-legged people and the 1 four-legged person I live with. They will get their own dedicated blogs in upcoming weeks.

The man of the house and my better half is Clint. We met back in 2008 and I wouldn't give him the time of day for anything. Timing was off for me, but if you ask him, he would just tell you that I was a major B word. On Labor Day weekend, he was flagging a roping and I was announcing and keeping the books. Everybody decided to go to the only smoky bar with a band in the little town we live in after the roping was done. He asked me to dance and I finally gave in because I really like to dance and my dancing partners were slim pickens. I don't think we ever left the dance floor.

We haven't left each other since that day. 3 weeks later we decided to get married. We got married 3 months later on December 6, 2008 in Las Vegas during the National Finals Rodeo. Believe me when I say that I heard all my friends and family when they were shocked that we decided to get married so fast and that we didn't know eachother. You ever hear those stories from old couples that have been married for 60 years and they tell the stories about how they just knew the other was "THE ONE"? Well, I bet you Clint and I will be sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs drinking sweet tea when we are 80 telling the same story to our great grandkids. He is the ying to my yang, the bread to my butter, the sugar to my iced tea... you get the picture. I couldn't ask for a better husband, father to Blaze and partner in crime. We laugh together until our stomachs hurt, dance until we can't dance anymore, and get on eachother's nerves to the point where we want to strangle the other. He is constantly giving me a hard time and pushing my buttons. He keeps me in check and brings me down from "Kaci Land". He's realistic, kind, and very hardworking. Clint trains team roping horses and comes from a long line of cowboys. He grew up in Post, Texas. Clint is a great partner to live out our days together with.
Me and my 8 month pregnant puffy face and Clint

In January of 2010 we found out that we were expecting a very special gift. On September 13, 2010 we got the best blessing we could ever be given. Blaze Benjamin Johnson. Isn't that a name that just oozes cool? I think so and he definitely lives up to the coolness of his name. He likes the color red. He loves music, animals and goldfish snacks. He will travel anywhere we take him. He loves playing in water and his bath is his favorite time of the day. He has a grin that will make your day. He pays close attention to detail and picks up things quickly. He likes hot dogs, mac & cheese and Popsicles. And he would rather run around naked than wear a stitch of clothing. And he hates wearing shoes.


I'm pretty sure the definition of a dog is: a four-legged, fury, domesticated animal whose sole purpose is to please its human counterpart. Well at least that's my definition, not exactly Webster's definition. Speaking of, that brings me to that part of our family.
Charli is my little silky terrier that Clint swears he doesn't like but I think he is just trying to play cool because I find them snuggled up quite often. Charli will be 6 years old and she is the best little companion I could ask for. She's not the brightest crayon in the box but she loves me and will follow me into a fire. How can you not love a dog for that? I was a little worried about how she would act around Blaze because she is so protective over me but she just loves him just as much. She is the first one to his crib when he cries. She lets him pull on her fur and drag her around by the collar. She is the biggest tom boy of a little dainty dog. She likes to go swimming in ponds, rolling in mud, chasing the cows out of the barn and goes on the occasional adventure miles away from the house and I get a call to come pick her up.



Then there is Skip. One word to describe Skip: goofy. I have to admit that I was a little hard on Skip at first. I was so used to Zipper and him being the perfect dog and never doing anything wrong that I found myself getting easily frustrated at him during his puppy stages and the fact that I was heartbroken about Zipper didn't help his chances. But Skip has always been the sweetest dog I've been around. What he lacks in brains, he makes up with heart. He loves Blaze and would let him ride him if he wanted to. He ALWAYS goes to Blaze's room with me at bedtime to make sure that he is tucked in. Skip mainly stays at the barn now and he couldn't be happier. He loves being able to run around, love on the barn cats and jump in the horse troughs several times a day. There is not a mean bone in his body. He's a nice boy.


Skip is much bigger than this now but I just love this picture. If I were to give it a title it would be simply, "Buddies"

That's just a smidge of my little family so when I reference them in other blogs, you have a little background.

Keepin it Real!
Loves!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment