Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blog About A Blog

I've been writing this blog for a couple of months and it has changed my life. You just read that sentence and probably snickered a little and thought it was a complete overstatement. I'm completely serious though.

I'm the type of person that needs to verbalize my feelings. I'm an open book and find it hard to supress how I really feel.

Since I've been writing this blog, I find myself thinking about if what I'm doing in life is "blog worthy." I go through my day focusing on the positive things in life instead letting the negative in because who wants to read about more negative things? I think we have enough negative surrounding us that the last thing we want to do is read about it on a blog. I have found this to be therapy for me and it has pushed me to do things that I normally wouldn't have and to think outside the box.

I encourage you to do the same. It's fun. It's freeing. It has a purpose in your life, if you are looking for that sort of thing. People ask me all the time how I have time for all of it. I make time. I need it. It's theraputic for me. I write for a little while when everyone is asleep. I write while I'm waiting for something. I blog while Blaze is taking a bath. 

Here are 6 tips from what I've learned so far that makes a good blog. 
(6 seemed like a good number)

1. Keep it real. Make your blog true to yourself. Don't try and sugar coat it or make yourself out to be someone you're not. You will relate to more people if you let your true colors show. Nobody is perfect so let's quit pretending! Start with your blog. Look at it as your online diary. Even if you never share your web address with anybody, getting your feelings out helps the sanity of your noodle!

2. Stay positive. Even if you are having a bad day, there is always something positive to say. Spread your little seedlings of happiness all over web space and watch the lovliness grow.

3. Variety. Make your blog about all kinds of things that anybody will relate to. Try not to be opinionated and pushy.

4. Blog often. You don't always have to write a huge story, a how-to, or have something profound and genius to say. Posting a picture or one of your favorite quotes will suffice should you have writer's block. If people are following you, they look forward to reading your next post. Don't keep them waiting.

5. Support and participate in other blogs. Blogging and reading other blogs is fun! See what other people out there have to say and are doing. The blog community is large and have an unspoken sense of family. Become one of the family, not a wallflower.

6. Love your people. Talk to your followers like they are family. You never know when someone needs a pick me up and they go to your blog for inspiration.
There you have it. My little insignificant tips to get you blogging in the right direction. Always feel free to write me at lifeaskaciknowsit@gmail.com should you have any questions about starting your own blog.

Love ya!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment