Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog Share Sunday: Ramblings and Photos

Yes, I am aware that my "Blog Share Sunday" has become "Blog Share whatever day I discover a cool blog because I can't wait until Sunday to post it". I am going to try and stack up the blog shares for Sunday so I don't burn you out.  

On Pinterest the other day, I found this blog because I was looking at photography tutorials. I am doing all the research I can on DSLR cameras, photo editing and photgraphy techniques right now so I can make the best decision when I purchase my first DSLR camera in the hopefully near future. I think that getting a camera of that stature should be an informed, well thought out decision, especially for the money that you invest into it.

I'm not trying to become a professional photographer or anything, it is just that photography has always been a passion of mine. I want to have a nice camera around to capture the unforgettable moments in Blaze's life and let this hobby of mine grow into taking beautiful pictures of our lives. I just know the day I bring home my camera, that Clint is going to suggest I give up at least one of my other 76,097 hobbies. We will see about that.

There are so many times in our crazy life that I think to myself, "If I just had a good camera, this would be the prettiest picture." Lord knows that we go and do enough that I will never run out of subject matter.

The thing is, how does an individual go about learning this art? Sure I could go take classes at the local college but being a mom and having a full time job, makes it hard to make time for classes for a hobby. That is why I am so thankful for the internet, Pinterest, and other bloggers out there that are willing to share their knowledge with strangers for simply the love of photography. This is just one of many discoveries of photography blogs that are dripping with great information.

Ashley Sisk over at Ramblings and Photography is someone that is a self-taught photographer and she shares her knowledge with other photography bloggers in normal-people language and simple, how-to directions for us beginners. She also hosts fun photography challenges.

If photography is something that you are already in to or want to get in to, this blog is a great blog to follow. Go on over to her blog and subscribe by email to make sure you don't miss one single bit of great information. 

Enjoy!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment