Sunday, January 15, 2012

Skillet Crab Dip

We went to Bass Pro Shop the other day (we seem to do that alot before and during hunting season) and ate at the restaurant there. For an appetizer we had crab dip and it was delish, so I decided to make my own.

Like my dutch oven, I have had my eye on this little mini skillet at HEB for quite some time but never really had a reason to get one. Well now I have a reason so I just picked one up the next time I went to HEB. It's pretty neat and perfect for my skillet crab dip. To be honest, I just threw ingredients together that sounded yummy. I really don't have exact measurements but the recipe below would be my educated guess... or maybe uneducated.... well it's just a guess!

Clint and I ate the whole skillet with tortilla chips for dinner one night.

Ingredients:
1 cup of crab meat
8 oz package of cream cheese- softened
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chives
1/4 cup purple onion
1/2 stalk of green onion
1/2 cup roma tomato
1 tbsp of garlic salt
1 tbsp of Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp milk

Step 1:
Cut your crab meat into little chunks. I like a chunk of good ol crab meat but you can cut yours more finely if you wish because it's your crab dip.

Step 2:
Cut your mushroom up. I like these chunky too.

Step 3:
Dice your roma tomato.


Step 4:
Chop up your chives from your green onion.

Step 5:
Chunk up your onions. If you haven't noticed I like everything chunky. I like to crunch down on a bite of good flavors and not minced up flavors.

Step 6:
Since your cream cheese has been sitting out this whole time, now is a good time to cut the block into squares. This helps you mix it up better.

Step 7:
Throw all of your ingredients into a mixing bowl.

Step 8:
Add 1/2 cup of cheese.

Step 9:
Add your Lawry's seasoned salt, garlic salt, salt and pepper.

Step 10:
Add your milk.

Step 11:
Stir all your ingredients.

Step 12:
Spoon ingredients into your skillet.

Step 13:
Put your other 1/2 of cheese and green onion on top.

Step 14:
Put in the oven for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.

Step 15:
Serve, devour and enjoy every milisecond of the wonderful flavors!


I hope you like this recipe! I LOVE it. It's amazing.

Love ya!
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment