Monday, January 16, 2012

Put Yourself First

Putting myself first is something I'm not too good at. That is probably the reason why I look in the mirror sometimes and see catepillars for eyebrows, cactus needles on my legs, and the extra 30 pounds of baby weight that has decided to set up camp on either butt cheek. And not to mention that I still sometimes where my favorite pair of maternity capris because of the elastic wasitband doesn't dig into my love handles. Yuck! Yep. I just said that.

I'm all about feeling good about yourself at any shape but this is all because a total lack of putting myself first, or even second. I'm not talking about neglecting your kids to get your coif just right, I'm talking about giving yourself the proper attention to make you feel good about yourself. It's not selfish. It's reasonable. It's also necessary. I believe that for you to take care of others like us women and mothers do, we must take care of ourselves first.

Don't we envy those moms we see out and about that have it all together and look beautiful?

I hate to keep talking about my weight loss journey but I'm going to. I could stop talking about it at any time. Promise. But it just proves my point. I'm about to start my 3rd week of Turbo Fire and Shakeology and the best feeling of all of this is giving myself the 30-55 minutes each day to myself. The feeling I have that the time is for me and to reflect on myself and grow as a person is priceless. Not to mention that people that are physically active are better equipped mentally to deal with the everyday stresses, they look younger, and of course the obvious health benefits.

It doesn't have to be workin on your fitness. Maybe you decide to give yourself 20 minutes each day to read a book, or pledge to have a massage once a month, or give yourself so much time a week to work on your favorite hobby.

You are better apt to take care of others at your maximum potential if you take care of yourself first.

That's my sermon for the day. Take care of yourself ladies and gentlemen! You will thank yourself later!

Peace & Blessings
-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment