Friday, January 20, 2012

Make Your Own: Coasters

I like this project because I can customize them to whatever my little heart desires and its very inexpensive. You have less than 50 cents in one coaster.

I decided to print out on of my favorite pictures of Clint and Blaze. Blaze was 7 days old and it was his first trip to the barn. It was such a beautiful day. Clint is holding Blaze while they just went for a short walk horseback.

But you however can choose anything that you would like. I printed the picture out on a plain piece of paper, made sure the ink was dry and just cut it out. Or you can choose a decorative piece of paper. Your options are endless.

You Will Need:
- Modge Podge
- Paint Brush
- A Tile- I chose a 4x4 square tile but you can choose any tile you want. Smooth, textured, small, rectangle...
-  Picture or decorative piece of paper


Cut out your picture or decorative paper

Put a good coat of Modge Podge on the entire surface of your tile.

Coat the back of your picture or paper with Modge Podge.

Position your picture or paper on the tile. I made my picture a little
 small so it would kind of looked like it was framed. You might
need to press on your with a credit card or your hands
on yourpicture to get all of the air pockets out.


Coat that puppy! Too much is never enough. The Modge
Podge is an adhesive and a sealant so you won't
have to worry about water damage.
I have recently added a piece of felt to the back of the tile so it doesn't scratch furniture.

There you go! Have at it!

-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment