Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicks

This past weekend I went to the feed store to buy a few baby chicks so I could take Blaze and Cooper's pictures with them over at our friends Ron and Beth's house. Cooper is Ron and Beth's new grandbaby that was born in December. Ron and Beth are two of my favorite people.



This is Beth with Blaze at his 1st birthday party. Beth is a sweetheart to the core. If I'm an animal lover, she is animal lover times a thousand. That's alot. She's my go-to gal for questions about cooking, gardening, canning, baby raisin', antique findin', decorating and everything in between. Everybody needs a Beth in their life. I'm glad she's in mine.

All of her animals that she has are rescues or dogs that were dropped off that she took in. I think it will take me a whole blog post to introduce you to her animals. They have 3 dogs, 6 cats, 3 horses and 2 calves, one coriente and one hereford. All of her animals, including her cows are the tamest and loving animals I have ever seen in my life. That's a testament on how much love she shows them. She grew up on a farm and very compassionate to all of the animals needs. When I die, I want to come back as one of Beth's animals.

I just knew that when I showed her the baby chicks she would want to keep them. She did. She has already drawn up plans for their chicken coop when they get ready for it.



This is Ron playing with Blaze in the grass. Both Ron and Beth treat Blaze like he is their own. Ron is very endearing and has a witty sense of humor. He is a hard worker and a provider to so many. He calls us his "young friends" and Blaze is his "youngest friend".

Ron is always accepting and nuturing to Beth's tender heart and always bringing needy animals home to one that shows them true love and care.

Ron loves his motorcycle trips with his friends and his son. He likes fixing up old muscle cars and gardening. He was kind enough to share his garden with me this year so I can get my feet wet and he can teach me the basics before I venture out with a garden of my own.

Now that you've met Ron and Beth, it's time to meet the new member's of their family. We are in the process of giving the 4 little chicks names. I hand-picked these little chicks. I took a lot of time with watching them and holding them. I wanting nice chickens so the ones that let me hold them and pet them, got loaded up. The chick box said, "Handling your chicks often will ensure friendlier chickens." There is no doubt in my mind that Beth will have the friendliest chickens known to man.


Look at those precious little things! Everybody loved the chickens. Blaze had to make sure they were ok on the ride home. Once I got them home, Charli had to make sure they were eating and drinking like they were supposed to. Even when Vegas came home, he stood guard to make sure no one would bother them.


I think I want to name this sweet little angel, Beatrice.

Charli had to show the chickies some lovin.


There will be more chick pictures coming your way because we had quite the "photo shoot" wih Blaze and Cooper with these sweet little chickies!

Do y'all have any ideas for names? We like to go with names that start with a "B". Comment with your ideas below.

-Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment