Monday, March 19, 2012

You've Got Mail!

Tuesday when I came home, I found this on my door step...



Getting packages is one of life's greatest surprises. I know, I'm lame. But I will take all the surprises that come my way, that's for sure!

I open up the box and find this...


How awesome of a mother-in-law do I have? She got me the new Pioneer Woman cook book I have been raving about!

I didn't call her and tell her it was on my wish list, she just knew that it would be a great treat for me. She ordered it and made sure it was delivered on the day that the cookbook released.

I called her as soon as I opened the package and squealed in her ear about how excited I was to have The Pioneer Woman Cook: Food From My Frontier.

It just donned on me that I own all 4 of The Pioneer Woman's books! Does that classify me as a stalker? I'm going to say it classifies me as a lover of amazing things. You should check out her other books too:

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A True Love Story


Charlie The Ranch Dog

and my first cookbook love:

The Pionner Woman Cooks: Recipes From An Accidental Country Girl



I opened the package and tried to sit down to read through it but I had to start the creamy potatoes (which are a recipe from the first The Pioneer Woman Cooks) because we were having guests over for dinner.

Oh, and I made the Chocolate Sheet Cake from the first cook book for a friend at work for passing her nursing exam and it was a total hit!

The cook book is beautiful just like the first but packed with a bigger variety of recipes. I absolutely cannot wait to dig into and make deliciousness from it. Here are just a few pictures that I took of it before I had to go cut up some taters.

Iced Coffee! Yes please!!
Beautiful photgraphy
Do you have any Pioneer Woman cook books? Would you like for a certain blogger chick host a giveaway for her new cookbook? Hmm...

Peace out,
Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment