Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vegas

Vegas. What a dog. His mannerisms remind me so much of Zipper.

Vegas has in no way replaced Zipper, but he sure has filled a void in my heart that was missing since Zipper was.

Vegas was born on September 10, 2011 and that is 3 days before Blaze's first birthday. They are both little Virgos. Both his mother and father are pure bred and trained border collies. Their intelligence was passed down to Vegas as he is extremely smart.

He is a good listener when he helps Clint work cattle. He likes to chase dirt. (You'd have to see it to believe it.) When he comes home, he races in the house to find me to say his hello's and get his lovin's.

He is quirky in the way he does things. For example, he likes to sit like a human in Blaze's kid recliner. He will let me hold him like a baby and love on him eventhough he is the size of a full grown dog. He knows that the one slow steer that is always bringing up the rear in the pack needs a little slack so he won't give him as much hell. When it's feeding time around the barn, he likes to ride on top of the hay in the feed truck while all of the horses get their evening alfalfa.

Clint tells me I am going to ruin Vegas one day of being a good cow dog if I keep loving on him and treating him like a lap dog but I think he knows the difference.

As you all know, all of my pets are considered part of the family. I have never been known to have an animal and not feel that way about them. The love I have for them probably warrants psychiatric help. I don't care though.

Here are a few pictures of my handsome boy.

That is concentration at it's best.

Silly dog. I've even seen him climb on top of the truck.
He has impecable balance.
I want to hear your love and admiration for YOUR 4 legged family. Feel free to comment below or email me at lifeaskaciknowsit@gmail.com . I love forward to hearing from you!

Love,
Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment